Summary: The Lloyds online banking platform does not offer any products or services which enable customers to buy and sell Shares, ETFs and other assets through their personal or business bank account. The only method available to Lloyds account holders is to deposit GBP into an FCA-licensed share brokerage.
If you are looking to get started quickly, we recommend a platform like eToro UK who offer instant and cheap GBP deposits via Lloyds to buy and sell over 8,000 assets.
Can I buy Shares on Lloyds Banking platform?
Unfortunately, similar to most major banking platforms, Lloyds Bank does not allow its users to invest in shares directly on its platform. This is because it has not acquired the appropriate licensing to operate a stocks trading platform. Not to worry, there are safe alternative ways to buy stocks with a Lloyds Bank account.
To buy stocks in the UK, you will need to go through a share brokerage platform like eToro. We recommend using eToro as it has been operating since 2008 and is one of the oldest and most trusted investing platforms in the world. In addition to buying stocks, users can also invest in cryptocurrencies, commodities, currencies, indices and ETFs on eToro.
How to buy Shares with Lloyds bank account
If you want to buy stocks with a Lloyds bank account, you have come to the right place. In this example, we show investors how to buy stocks with a Lloyds bank account via debit/credit card but you can also deposit via wire transfer (direct deposit). Follow the below steps to get started.
- Sign up to eToro and verify your identity.
- Select 'Deposit Funds' and choose 'Credit/Debit Card'.
- Enter your details and amount, the funds will be instantly deposited into your account.
- Search for the stock you want to buy (we choose NSDQ100), enter the amount and select ‘Buy’
Can I buy Lloyd Bank Shares (LLOY)?
Yes, in addition to using your funds from Lloyds Bank on eToro, users can also directly invest in the Lloyds bank stock. To invest in the Lloyds bank stock, simply search for 'LLOY.L' on eToro, input the amount you want to purchase and press 'Buy'.
About Lloyd Bank
Lloyds Bank is one of the oldest and largest banks in the United Kingdom. The bank was founded in 1765 and has since grown to become a major player in the UK banking sector. Lloyds Bank offers a range of personal and business banking products and services.
- Personal banking: current accounts, savings accounts, personal loans, mortgages, credit cards, insurance, foreign currency exchange.
- Business banking: business accounts, business loans, merchant services, commercial mortgage lending.
- Investment and wealth management: investment funds, pension products, life insurance.
The bank is also listed on the London Stock Exchange (LLOY.L).
Lloyds Bank Share Price
The live price of Lloyds Shares (LLOYD) in Great British Pounds (GBP).